1914 ....A significant year in bible prophecy

And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. matthew 24;14what goodnews it is that the heavenly kingdom goverment is now well and truly established in the heavensDaniel 2;44 and Jesus is a reigning king after being given the kingship in 1914 Daniel 7;13-14. yes its all happening in this time of the end. since 1914 we have been living in what the bible calls the last days, or the conclusion of a system of things, or the time of the end.soon this heavenly kingdom will bring peaceful contions on to the earth.by getting rid of all manmade goverments, but first the GOODNEWS has to be preached
(Mark 13:10) Also, in all the nations the good news has to be preached first.

I have read some pretty alarming stuff about the WT organization's failed prophecies. So is the WTS a false prophet by it's own definitions?

W T May 15, 1930, pages 154-155,
“a true prophet is one who is faithfully proclaiming what is written in the Bible ... But it may be asked, How are we to know whether one is a true or a false prophet? There are at least three ways by which we can positively decide:

(1) If he is a true prophet, his message will come to pass EXACTLY as prophesied. If he is a false prophet, his prophecy will fail to come to pass....

The difference between a true and a false prophet is that the one is speaking the word of the Lord and the other is speaking his own dreams and guesses.

The true prophet of God today will be telling forth what the Bible teaches, and those things that the Bible tells us are soon to come to pass. He will not be sounding forth man-made theories or guesses, either his own or those of others

Who was God's prophet during the time this article went to print? God's organization whom is supposed to be the one to give "food at a proper time" or an outsider?

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"Jehovah's Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus' second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions 'in the name of Jehovah.' Never did they say, 'These are the words of Jehovah.'" (g93 3/22 p 3, footnote)

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]But:

[/FONT]"[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]We see no reason for changing the figures - nor could we change them if we would. They are, we believe, God's dates, not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble." (Zion's Watchtower, Can It Be Delayed until 1914? C. T. Russell July 15, 1894, Also in Watchtower Reprints, l894 p. 1677)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
"As Jehovah revealed his truths by means of the first century Christian congregation so he does today by means of the present-day Christian congregation. Through this agency he is having carried out prophesying on an intensified and unparalleled scale. All this activity is not an accident. Jehovah is the one behind all of it. The abundance of spiritual food and the amazing details of Jehovah's purposes that have been revealed to Jehovah's anointed witnesses are clear evidence that they are the ones mentioned by Jesus when he foretold a "faithful and discreet slave" class that would be used to dispense God's progressive revelations in these last days." (w64 6/15 p 365)

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"’EXACTLY what would occur in 1914 we did not then know, but of one thing we were certain: The year 1914 would see the beginning of the worst time of trouble the earth had yet known; for so many Bible prophecies foretold that. Our faith was strong and our hopes were based on much more than mere human speculation.’ With these words, A. H. Macmillan, author of the 1957 best-seller Faith on the March, described his early conviction that 1914 would be a focal point of Bible prophecy." (w84 4/15 p 3)

"From the mid-1870's, Jehovah's people had been anticipating that catastrophic events would start in 1914 and would mark the end of the Gentile Times." (Revelation Climax, 1988, p 105)

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]We see no reason for changing the figures -- nor could we change them if we would. They are, we believe, God's dates, not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble." (C. T. Russell in w1894 7/15, p 266; p 1677 reprints)

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]HOW SURE WAS THE SOCIETY[/SIZE][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]
ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF 1914?
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"Studying God's Word, we have measured the 2520 years, the seven symbolic times, from that year 606 B.C. and have found that it reached down to October, 1914, as nearly as we were able to reckon. We did not say positively that this would be the year." (Watchtower, November 1, 1914, p. 325)

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"In view of this strong Bible evidence concerning the Times of the Gentiles, we consider it an established truth that the final end of the kingdoms of this world, and the full establishment of the Kingdom of God, will be accomplished at the end of A. D. 1914." (The Time Is At Hand; 1889; 1908 ed.; p. 99)

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"But how did they feel when that did not occur in 1914? The Watch Tower of April 15, 1916, said, "We believe that the dates have proven to be quite right. We believe that Gentile Times have ended." However, it candidly added: "The Lord did not say that the Church would all be glorified by 1914. We merely inferred it and, evidently, erred." (Proclaimers, p 635)

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"Like Elijah of old, they became quite disconsolate, uncertain of life, thinking the end of existence and work was at hand. This was especially the case since the remnant was part of the virgin class espoused to Christ as his Bride and she failed to realize her hopes of being glorified to heavenly life with him both in 1914 and now in 1918. " (Let Your Name Be Sanctified; 1961; p. 313)

"In this chapter we present the Bible evidence proving that the full end of the times of the gentiles, i.e., the full end of their lease of dominion, will be reached in A.D. 1914; and that the date will be the farthest limit of the rule of imperfect men. And be it observed, that if this is shown to be a fact firmly established by the Scriptures, it will prove; Firstly, that at that date the Kingdom of God, for which our Lord taught us to pray, saying, Thy Kingdom come, will obtain full, universal control, and that it will then be set up, or firmly established, in the earth, on the ruins of present institutions." (The Time Is At Hand, 1888, p. 76, 77)

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"There is no doubt that many throughout this period were overzealous in their statements as to what could be expected. Some read into the Watch Tower statements that were never intended, and while it was necessary for Russell to call attention to the certainty that a great change was due at the end of the Gentile times, he still encouraged his readers to keep an open mind, especially as regards the time element." (Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose, 1959, p52)
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
But:

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"But I am not willing to admit that this calculation is even one year out" (Barbour and Russell in Three Worlds and The Harvest of This World, 1877, p 84)

"They are, we believe, God's dates, not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble." (Zion's Watchtower, Can It Be Delayed until 1914? C. T. Russell July 15, 1894, Also in Watchtower Reprints, l894 p. 1677)

"...Bible chronology also fixes the time for Christ's second presence and the assuming of his right to rule as at 1914; this date was published in The Watchtower as early as 1879, 35 years before 1914." (The Sign of Christ’s Presence [tract], p 3)

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]But:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"The Scriptural proof is that the second presence of the Lord Jesus Christ began in 1874 A.D. This proof is specifically set out in the booklet entitled ‘Our Lord's Return’." (Prophecy, 1929 p 65,66)
"Surely there is not the slightest room for doubt...that the Lord Jesus is present and has been since 1874." (WT Jan 1, 1924 p 5)

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"The fact is that Jehovah's witnesses from the very beginning understood that Christ's second presence was to be invisible." (g56 4/8, p 17, 18, quoted in w66, 9/15, p 567)

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]But:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"Forty years, or now, about thirty eight years before the times of the Gentiles end, is none too much time, for the accomplishments of the many wonderful events that must transpire during their continuance... Then, the Lord shall appearwith all his saints, and his feet shall stand upon the mount of Olives..." (Three Worlds, 1877, p 84)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"October 1914 passed, and C. T. Russell and his associates were still on earth. Then October 1915 passed. Was Russell disappointed? In The Watch Tower of February 1, 1916, he wrote: "`But, Brother Russell, what is your thought as to the time of our change? Were you not disappointed that it did not come when we hoped that it would?' you will ask. No, we reply, we were not disappointed...." ...No, the Bible Students were not 'taken home' to heaven in October 1914. Nevertheless, the Gentile Times did end in that year." (Proclaimers, 1993, p 62)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
But:

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]".... Suppose that A.D. 1915 should pass with the world's affairs all serene and with evidence that the "very elect" had not all been "changed" and without the restoration of natural Israel to favor under the New Covenant (Rom. 11:12,15). What then? Would not that prove our chronology wrong? Yes, surely! Would not that prove a keen disappointment? Indeed it would! It would work irreparable wreck to the parallel dispensations and Israel's double, and to the Jubilee calculations, and to the prophecy of the 2300 days of Daniel, and to the epoch called "Gentile Times," and to the 1,260, 1,290, and 1,335 days.... none of these would be available longer." (w1907, 10/1, p 295)
[/FONT]

yes 1914 certainly was the time of Jesus kingship in the heavens ,and we are now well along in the time of the end.BIBLE PROPHECY and bible chronology all point to this 1914 date as a very significant date indeed.there has been lots of roving around in the pages of the bible , and in this time of the end true knowledge certainly has become abundant Daniel 12;4And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant.".............what thrilling times we are living in right now, Jesus is a reigning king in the heavens Daniel 7;13-14 and more BIBLE PROPHECY moves evercloser and ever nearer.
"The great day of Jehovah is near. It is near, and there is a hurrying [of it] very much. Zepheniah 1 ;14 yes BIBLE PROPHECY always comes true. keep awake , keep looking for without fail it will come true
For [the] vision is yet for the appointed time, and it keeps panting on to the end, and it will not tell a lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late.Hab 2;3yes Jehovah blesses those who do not fall asleep and over the years JW have been well and truely blessed for their roving around the bible.
(Psalm 97:11) Light itself has flashed up for the righteous one, And rejoicing even for the ones upright in heart.
(Proverbs 4:18) But the path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established.
(2 Peter 1:19) Consequently we have the prophetic word [made] more sure; and YOU are doing well in paying attention to it as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until day dawns and a daystar rises, in YOUR hearts.

17th Angel said:
Would you allow me to PM on a matter? I accept and am not offended if you decline.
my focus is on the established kingdom with Jesus as king ,so any thing to do with that will be fine on this thread....................
And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite; Daniel 2;44
(Psalm 2:6) [Saying:] "I, even I, have installed my king Upon Zion, my holy mountain."
(Matthew 6:10) Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.
(John 18:36) Jesus answered: "My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source."......................(thats because its in heaven)
(Revelation 11:15) And the seventh angel blew his trumpet. And loud voices occurred in heaven, saying: "The kingdom of the world did become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will rule as king forever and ever.".............. yes 1914 was the year that the kingdom was set up and it is now well established.
(Psalm 145:13) Your kingship is a kingship for all times indefinite, And your dominion is throughout all successive generations.............yes Gods kingdom will last forever.

(Psalm 2:6) [Saying:] "I, even I, have installed my king Upon Zion, my holy mountain."...................yes Jehovah has installed his king ,who is Jesus christ Daniel 7;13-14 and now Jesus is a reigning king in the heavenly kingdom goverment DANIEL 2;44 And this happened in 1914 And Jesus ride on the white horse goes on,he is a warrior king.
Since the end of "the appointed times of the nations" in the year 1914 C.E. he is a warrior King, armed as it were with a bow to pierce his foes from afar off. In reality, to this warrior King were addressed the prophetic words of Psalm 45:3-8:

Do you ever talk? Or just content on copying and pasting information from the watchtower.org? lol..

Whether one agrees or not with mee's answers, it seems to me he does a good job at answering question thoroughly by using the Bible. Why make light of it? Just my view.

Love,
JM

bumping threads with watchtower propaganda is not providing useful dialogue in a christian forum.

Oh really? Then why do people keep asking him questions? Could that just be your opinion?

Love,
JM
yes it is my opinion. maybe i have seen alot more discussions then you here, many are not dialogue but arguments, copy and paste frenzies, accusations, preaching, judging, name-calling, broken-record bumping; and recently there has been a locked jw thread.

yes it is my opinion. maybe i have seen alot more discussions then you here, many are not dialogue but arguments, copy and paste frenzies, accusations, preaching, judging, name-calling, broken-record bumping; and recently there has been a locked jw thread.

OK BF,
Thanks for the clarification but consider this. Of the 175 posts on this thread so far over half are from other members. This is dialog. If no body is interested then don't respond and the thread will die. I do not agree with some of what Mee says but that is irrelevant. He generates interest on the board and it helps people to better undersatnd the JW position. Whether I think he is right shouldn't matter. He follows the Bible closely and fits under the umbrella of Christianity. Just my opinion.

Love
JM

putting over what the bible says is not wrong, and talking about bible prophecies that have been fullfilled in these the last days is not wrong either. as far as i am aware i do not judge anyone ,that is not my Job. name calling , that is a new one to me , if i have ever done that i cant recall it , as for the thread about .......... JW beliefs , i am a bit confused as to why it was closed as it was a thread about JW beliefs after all . maybe just maybe ,the truth hurts . but that is not my problem as far as i am aware i am inocent to any of the things listed

as for the thread about .......... JW beliefs , i am a bit confused as to why it was closed as it was a thread about JW beliefs after all .

Apparently it was closed because you posted a link to the "wrong" Bible (NWT). Maybe it would help us to know which other translations are against the COC for this forum.

Apparently it was closed because you posted a link to the "wrong" Bible (NWT). Maybe it would help us to know which other translations are against the COC for this forum.
............... So according to that it is wrong to use and quote a bible NWT on a JW thread:eek:

............... So according to that it is wrong to use and quote a bible NWT on a JW thread:eek:

I'm as confused as you are mee. If a Bible translation (NWT) can be dismissed as a "tract", what other Bible translations can be dismissed in a similar manner?

Back