Why We Need a Savior

God's is ever present, unchanging and available to all. The truth of it is that we experience him in as much as we allow his "Spirit" to manifest within. Some people haven't the heart to hear, or the eyes to see that God's spirit is what saves.

Christs message, his word, which is his "Spirit" does the work when accepted, and embraced, and allowed to mature inside one's self. Christ made the sacrifice, fully embraced God's will, and showed us the truth, the life, and the light of God. "Love" That was/is his commandment.

To me, Jesus was more than a man, he was Love in the flesh. He was the annointed one, the son of God, and our savior. His "spirit" is for all to embrace however, and I'll firmly stand against the idea that mere intellectual knowledge of the man Jesus is what saves; it is his spirit that matters, and that spirit is made available to all peoples.

Yes, Buddhist and Muslims can be saved in as much as they embrace God as Love, and follow the ways thereof.

James

Kale,

I understand how you feel. But I hope you don't really leave us. And I know that some folks here will disagree with me, but not all people who call themselves fundamentalists are really building such a tall wall as our friend Silas. (Sorry Silas, but that is what you do).

In my mind, there is no doubt that certain types of fundamentalism are dangerous to this world. But not all are that way. It is confusing, to say the least, and I really can't say much more without inciting a CR riot (that speaks volumes right there, doesn't it?)

Yep. I walk the line. I'm beginning to be rather comfortable there. :)

Anyway, like I said, I have been blessed by your presence here, and I hope you decide to stay. We have our storms, but they eventually blow over. Actually, sometimes it takes extreme opposition to help one "break on through" if you know what I mean.

InPeace,
InLove,
Debora

God's is ever present, unchanging and available to all. The truth of it is that we experience him in as much as we allow his "Spirit" to manifest within. Some people haven't the heart to hear, or the eyes to see that God's spirit is what saves.

Christs message, his word, which is his "Spirit" does the work when accepted, and embraced, and allowed to mature inside one's self. Christ made the sacrifice, fully embraced God's will, and showed us the truth, the life, and the light of God. "Love" That was/is his commandment.

To me, Jesus was more than a man, he was Love in the flesh. He was the annointed one, the son of God, and our savior. His "spirit" is for all to embrace however, and I'll firmly stand against the idea that mere intellectual knowledge of the man Jesus is what saves; it is his spirit that matters, and that spirit is made available to all peoples.

Yes, Buddhist and Muslims can be saved in as much as they embrace God as Love, and follow the ways thereof.

James

James,

I asked you that question for a partiular reason. I wanted to see what you thought about other religions in light of what we spoke about concerning the essentials of the faith. Now, you mentioned that Muslims and Buddhist can go to Heaven without Jesus. Jesus, however, said different. This fact has become one of the core essential doctrines of the Christian faith. Now, you call yourself a Christian and hold to different views than what the Bible calls a Chrisitan. Why is that? Why would you want to be called a Christian when your views differ from what a Christian is supposed to be? Couldnt you just as well say something like, "I am spiritual and I believe God loves everybody?"

I am Christian because I follow, and believe in Christ, silas. I follow and believe in his ways, and that's where the light is, my friend.. ..not in an intellectual understanding of his given name. We are saved "Through" him, he is love in the flesh, and now in spirit that all can embrace. It's not difficult to see this. I'm not condeming your dogma, or particualr doctrine, I'm only saying that Christ died, and lived for all. He is not willing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

What is repentance to you?

I am Christian because I follow, and believe in Christ, silas. I follow and believe in his ways, and that's where the light is, my friend.. ..not in an intellectual understanding of his given name. We are saved "Through" him, he is love in the flesh, and now in spirit that all can embrace. It's not difficult to see this. I'm not condeming your dogma, or particualr doctrine, I'm only saying that Christ died, and lived for all. He is not willing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

What is repentance to you?

No disrespect James, but that is not what makes a Christian a Christian. I have a question for you that may help? What do you think it means to believe in Christ? In answer to your question, however, repentence is a change of mind and a change of life. It is the stopping of living for self and living for God. No longer living in sin, but by God's grace, moving toward the direction of holiness. Please answer the question I asked.

Thanks!

Silas, you said "...repentence is a change of mind and a change of life. It is the stopping of living for self and living for God. No longer living in sin, but by God's grace, moving toward the direction of holiness."

I don't disagree with this statement, Silas. But may I ask you a question? In doing this, do we become like robots? I mean, what happens as we grow in God?

InPeace,
InChrist,
InLove

Silas, you said "...repentence is a change of mind and a change of life. It is the stopping of living for self and living for God. No longer living in sin, but by God's grace, moving toward the direction of holiness."

I don't disagree with this statement, Silas. But may I ask you a question? In doing this, do we become like robots? I mean, what happens as we grow in God?

InPeace,
InChrist,
InLove

No, we dont become like robots, but like Christ. What happens as we grow in God? Well, for me what happens and is happening is that I fall a lot. I have a greater understanding of my sins as more and more sin is revealed in me. I have a deeper appriciation for God's grace. And, because of both the knowledge of my sinfulness and of God's grace, I am able to better fight sin and grow in grace whereby I can at least look something like my elder bother, Jesus. Whats your understanding of repentence?

No disrespect James, but that is not what makes a Christian a Christian.

It sure is, Silas; maybe not your brand, but this is what makes a true Christian. I may not condone certain religious mindsets, but I'll not condemn others for them; that is not my place. Lets produce good fruit, and put away the evil ways of man, cool?

I have a question for you that may help?

Help what? Me or you? We can debate, condone, condemn, or we can heal. Which would you like?

What do you think it means to believe in Christ?

I thought I answered this already, silas. To embrace HIM; that part of him which was divine. His Spirit which was God in him, and him (his flesh) in God. (To walk the walk and not just talk the talk, to be doer's of the word, and not just hearer's)

In answer to your question, however, repentence is a change of mind and a change of life. It is the stopping of living for self and living for God. No longer living in sin, but by God's grace, moving toward the direction of holiness. Please answer the question I asked.

How do you think one comes to do this Silas? By looking on a man, or looking on the spirit of the man, which was God and embracing/accepting it?

Love,

James

Silas said:
No, we dont become like robots, but like Christ. What happens as we grow in God? Well, for me what happens and is happening is that I fall a lot. I have a greater understanding of my sins as more and more sin is revealed in me. I have a deeper appriciation for God's grace. And, because of both the knowledge of my sinfulness and of God's grace, I am able to better fight sin and grow in grace whereby I can at least look something like my elder bother, Jesus. Whats your understanding of repentence?

Pretty much like yours, Silas.

I am wondering, as we grow toward this holiness, do we as a result, concentrate on sin less and less?

InPeace,
InLove

James

It sure is, Silas; maybe not your brand, but this is what makes a true Christian. I may not condone certain religious mindsets, but I'll not condemn others for them; that is not my place. Lets produce good fruit, and put away the evil ways of man, cool?

You do understand that it is God's word, as set for in the Bible, that makes us know if we are His people or not, right? I mean, you can go around saying and beliving that you are a Christian, and you can be a moralist and do many great deeds, but without actually being born again, you arent of God. You see, from what you're telling me James, it doesnt seem to me that you've been taught of God, but instead by your own heart. You seem like a very nice and loving guy, but I feel that you've yet to have an encounter with Christ. You cannot say that all religions can go to Heaven without Jesus, because that is not what Christ taught. Jesus said once, that there will be many people on judgement day who has done good works in His name and claimed to be Christians, but He will tell them to dapart from them because He never knew them. Making your calling and election sure, bro!

I thought I answered this already, silas. To embrace HIM; that part of him which was divine. His Spirit which was God in him, and him (his flesh) in God. (To walk the walk and not just talk the talk, to be doer's of the word, and not just hearer's)

You do know that demons and Satan believe in Christ, right? They, however, have no chance of repetence and so they tremble at the reality that Christ is God above all. That said, your understanding of faith is different from the Bible's defination. You dont seem to trust in Him as if he is your only hope. Do you?

How do you think one comes to do this Silas? By looking on a man, or looking on the spirit of the man, which was God and embracing/accepting it?

It comes about by a work of the Spirit of God. Man's repentence and godly repentence are two altogether different things!

I believe so. I sure hope so!!

Me, too, Silas. Me, too. :)

When we fall down, He helps us up. If we let Him, He will not let us keep falling down in the same place. And the falls are cushioned with The Spirit of God's Love. He protects us, we can always call out to Jesus, however we can speak His Name. He will not let us be misled, so we don't have to be afraid to fall. Moreover, we might fall into the pits while we learn, but there are also those big stacks of leaves in the fall--

InPeace,
InLove

Me, too, Silas. Me, too. :)

When we fall down, He helps us up. If we let Him, He will not let us keep falling down in the same place. And the falls are cushioned with The Spirit of God's Love. He protects us, we can always call out to Jesus, however we can speak His Name. He will not let us be misled, so we don't have to be afraid to fall. Moreover, we might fall into the pits while we learn, but there are also those big stacks of leaves in the fall--

InPeace,
InLove

I liked what you said. I think sometimes God allows us to fall, as it leads to our learning and groth in the faith. If we are in Christ, God is at both to will and work in us that we may work out our salvation. Since he is the author of our faith, he'll cause us to grow and be conformed into His Son's image, for His name's sake.

Amen, Silas. Amen.

I want very much to ask you one more question. I don't need an answer. I just want you to think about it. This is from my Christ-emblazoned heart, and not meant as a sermon or a debate. My question is this: What does Jesus look like to you without the art work you have seen? And if you were deaf, what would He sound like to you? This is not a test! :) It is something to dwell on when you pray.

Well, gotta log out for a while. It has been nice talking and listening with you this afternoon.

InPeace,
InLove

You do understand that it is God's word, as set for in the Bible, that makes us know if we are His people or not, right?

That's NOT what Jesus said, Silas.

John 13:34-35

34. A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

I mean, you can go around saying and beliving that you are a Christian, and you can be a moralist and do many great deeds, but without actually being born again, you arent of God.

We have differing views as to what being born again actually means, I think. You tend to think it happens on an intellectual level, a simple belief, but that's not what it means to be born again. I can tell you with all certaintly that I have been born again, Silas. Why must you judge my heart like you do, and doubt what has been accomplished in me by God? Why do you doubt the power of God's spirit to heal all? I haven't the faith of a mustard seed, but my faith is strong, Silas. We are born again by God's "spirit"; without God's spirit all our deeds are futile, and worthless, but with God's spirit we can do all things. This is what being born again is about, being "Changed" in heart, spirit, and soul through the Grace that god's spirit lends to us.

You see, from what you're telling me James, it doesnt seem to me that you've been taught of God, but instead by your own heart. You seem like a very nice and loving guy, but I feel that you've yet to have an encounter with Christ.

No, my own heart is a gutter where no good thing resides, but my heart in God accomplishes me. My Christ encounter came when I emraced HIM, and not a simple belief that he does what he does. It happens on a very personal level, and when it does, you know that you know that you know that he saves. He is Love, silas there is no getting around it.

You cannot say that all religions can go to Heaven without Jesus, because that is not what Christ taught.

Do you understand what Christ taught? You understand the calvanist doctrine, but you do not understand Christ, but you can, if and when you open yourself to him and his ways.

Jesus said once, that there will be many people on judgement day who has done good works in His name and claimed to be Christians, but He will tell them to dapart from them because He never knew them. Making your calling and election sure, bro!

Yes, in his 'given' name or mere intellectual knowledge of the 'man', but not the name he came in, nor the spirit that was made manifest in him. By which measure you meet will be measured back unto you, silas. You seek to condemn for condemnation is in your heart. You judge my heart for judgment is upon your own, but Christ came not to condemn the world but to save the world through him. He's available, the door is open, he's calling.. . ..can you hear him? Let him Love you, allow him to embrace you; let go of the sinful man and be made new in his Spirit.

You do know that demons and Satan believe in Christ, right? They, however, have no chance of repetence and so they tremble at the reality that Christ is God above all. That said, your understanding of faith is different from the Bible's defination. You dont seem to trust in Him as if he is your only hope. Do you?

That is where you're mistaken, Christ IS my faith, my hope, and in him my heart resides.

It comes about by a work of the Spirit of God. Man's repentence and godly repentence are two altogether different things!

How can you speak of what you seem to not understand? If you understood, you would not be so quick to judge my own seat in Christ. I tell you, Christ lives, he is ever present, unchanging, and forever merciful unto his sheep; he is calling for you to "know" him, not to just "believe" with you mind.

I love you man, but do not judge my heart, or seat in Christ again. :cool:

James (A born again Christian)

Amen, Silas. Amen.

I want very much to ask you one more question. I don't need an answer. I just want you to think about it. This is from my Christ-emblazoned heart, and not meant as a sermon or a debate. My question is this: What does Jesus look like to you without the art work you have seen? And if you were deaf, what would He sound like to you? This is not a test! :) It is something to dwell on when you pray.

Well, gotta log out for a while. It has been nice talking and listening with you this afternoon.

InPeace,
InLove

That's a really interesting question! I tend to picture Christ as something so infinitely sublime that anything that I think of, however glorious, falls short of the reality that is the glory of God in Christ. One writer said that the thing that makes Christ glorious, is that "we observe in Him an admirable conjution of diverse exellencies." I agree with that. I see in Christ absolute power, and yet the most humble soul. I see everlasting joy, and yet regret for the lost. I see the King of kings, and the suffering servant who gave Himself a ransom for many. In Him I see the glory of God and its too awesome to put into words; indeed its to even fathom. I have not known it. But, because I know that He is infinitely precious, I am like that man who found a precious stone in a field. I aim to sell all that I have that I may one day buy that feild, and have the gem, which is the glory of God in Christ.

That's NOT what Jesus said, Silas.

John 13:34-35

34. A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

We have differing views as to what being born again actually means, I think. You tend to think it happens on an intellectual level, a simple belief, but that's not what it means to be born again. I can tell you with all certaintly that I have been born again, Silas. Why must you judge my heart like you do, and doubt what has been accomplished in me by God? Why do you doubt the power of God's spirit to heal all? I haven't the faith of a mustard seed, but my faith is strong, Silas. We are born again by God's "spirit"; without God's spirit all our deeds are futile, and worthless, but with God's spirit we can do all things. This is what being born again is about, being "Changed" in heart, spirit, and soul through the Grace that god's spirit lends to us.

No, my own heart is a gutter where no good thing resides, but my heart in God accomplishes me. My Christ encounter came when I emraced HIM, and not a simple belief that he does what he does. It happens on a very personal level, and when it does, you know that you know that you know that he saves. He is Love, silas there is no getting around it.

Do you understand what Christ taught? You understand the calvanist doctrine, but you do not understand Christ, but you can, if and when you open yourself to him and his ways.

Yes, in his 'given' name or mere intellectual knowledge of the 'man', but not the name he came in, nor the spirit that was made manifest in him. By which measure you meet will be measured back unto you, silas. You seek to condemn for condemnation is in your heart. You judge my heart for judgment is upon your own, but Christ came not to condemn the world but to save the world through him. He's available, the door is open, he's calling.. . ..can you hear him? Let him Love you, allow him to embrace you; let go of the sinful man and be made new in his Spirit.

That is where you're mistaken, Christ IS my faith, my hope, and in him my heart resides.

How can you speak of what you seem to not understand? If you understood, you would not be so quick to judge my own seat in Christ. I tell you, Christ lives, he is ever present, unchanging, and forever merciful unto his sheep; he is calling for you to "know" him, not to just "believe" with you mind.

I love you man, but do not judge my heart, or seat in Christ again. :cool:

James (A born again Christian)

Well said James. Amen!

luna

Amen, Silas. Amen.

InPeace,
InLove

That's a really interesting question! I tend to picture Christ as something so infinitely sublime that anything that I think of, however glorious, falls short of the reality that is the glory of God in Christ. One writer said that the thing which makes Christ glorious is that in Him, "we observe in Him an admirable conjution of diverse exellencies." I agree with that. I see in Christ absolute power, and yet the most humble soul. I see everlasting joy, and yet regret for the lost. I see the King of kings, and the suffering servant who gave Himself a ransom for many. In Him I see the glory of God and its too awesome to put into words; indeed its too amazing to even fathom. I have not known it. But, because I know that He is infinitely precious, I am like that man who found a precious stone in a field. I aim to sell all that I have that I may one day buy that feild, and have the gem, which is the glory of God in Christ.

Thanks for the compliment, by the way!

God Bless!!

Back