What Book Have You Read Recently?

The philosophy book I mentioned earlier I brought in with me tonight: "Wisdom of the Elders" by David Suzuki and Peter Knudtson, c 1992. Having only gotten to the second chapter, it appears the remainder of the book is a collection of Native and Aboriginal legends regarding the association between humans and the earth.
The Secret; and Church History in Plain Language...you won't be dissappointed.

I is reading teh:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Staffordshire Bull Terrier [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By Jane Hogg Frome[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This book provides the much-needed factual information about Staffordshire Bull Terriers and their ancestry, character and standard, as well as the proper selection, feeding, training, preventative health care and behaviour of the breed.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With scores of beautiful photographs (some by and some even featuring Tony “Now, where’s me keys” George) this is an essential addition to the library of every Staffordshire Bull Terrier enthusiast.[/FONT]

Tony where's me keys!!!! Represent!

I read a portion of a St. Thomas Aquinas tome (it was for my volunteer job - "reading" textbooks for the visually impaired students.)

Strangely enough, it was for a PoliSci class.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I recently read The Pale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan. Just love that guy's writing.

Recently finished with my volunteer job ("reading" for the visually impaired) a chapter from The Relativity of Deviance. The chapter was on sexual diversity (some of the information was weird like [according to the author] corn flakes and graham crackers were originally developed to counteract "autostimulation". :rolleyes:)

Now, I have to read something for my own class (something on St. Thomas Aquinas and his "proof" of G!d's existance.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Images from the Floating World

by Richard Lane.

Got this from a second hand book fair, it's a beautiful book detailing the development of the Japanese wood block print (Ukiyo-e). Lots of plates including many in colour. Who'd have thought that the famous prints of Hokusai and Hiroshige could be traced back to erotica :eek:

Images from the Floating World

by Richard Lane.

Got this from a second hand book fair, it's a beautiful book detailing the development of the Japanese wood block print (Ukiyo-e). Lots of plates including many in colour. Who'd have thought that the famous prints of Hokusai and Hiroshige could be traced back to erotica :eek:
Used book stores and fairs are great! :D It looks like you found quite a treasure!

Used book stores and fairs are great! :D It looks like you found quite a treasure!

Indeed! And, looking on Amazon, it seems possible to spend a silly amount of money in buying this particular book.

I've created an album with a selection of various artists, hovering the cursor over the print will show their name. (and it's worth double clicking on them to view them full size...):)

s.

Eight years on (give or take) and I am going back over the Satanic Bible written by LaVey (founder of the CoS)

There is still lots in here that I feel is horse ****e.... But, there are parts that are liquid gold. I find the concept of Satan from the CoS p.o.v interesting... Satan standing for not 'the bad guy' with red skin and horns.... (it's not a who it's a what) But more, just an idea, a banner to hail under. All the negativity of the idea of a god he is opposite to.

However I find it strange that they have all that hocus pocus magic bs nonsense though.... If satan is just a concept an idea, an opposite.... Whats with all the magic crap lol. If they believe there is no literal Devil, why do magic trying to gain his favour, support, power... Dressing up like a bunch of extras from the lord of the rings and what not lol then making a fool of yourself in favour of an idea.... That isn't going to bring you anything.

I mean come on... Look back to your 'Nine Satanic Statements'... Number two.....

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

I smell pipe dreams...... Never bought into that, and still to this day think it's bollox. I will skip these parts when I get to it. (the rituals are at the back) As I always say though, you can find good in everything.

How sad, I was looking at my books yesterday and realised it is months since I sat and enjoyed reading ... time to take a time out from working me thinks :eek:

Jesus Interrupted By Bart D. Ehrman

Mr. Ehrman explores and reveals contradictions in the Bible.

I'm about 1/3rd of the way through and find it well-written and quite eye opening.

Back